Your home is arguably your biggest investment. Updating your house is an easy way to add value and build wealth -- something that’s extremely important when it’s time to sell.
As a homeowner, renovations can seem like a never-ending to-do list. These projects can take more time and cost more money than you planned on.
Luckily, we’ve put together a quick list of easy home improvements you can do that actually add value!
We promise these won’t break the bank or take up too much of your time – check out our list below:
1. Paint rooms in light and neutral colors: One of the easiest ways to improve your home and add resale value is to paint! A freshly painted room helps a space look clean and updated, which adds instant value. Choose neutral colors that will appeal to a wide variety of people.
2. Resurface your cabinets and replace the hardware: Kitchens and bathrooms are two of the most important spaces for adding re-sale value. But remodeling a kitchen can get really expensive. Luckily, you can add instant value by making a few small changes like resurfacing and painting your cabinets and updating the hardware. Both are an affordable way to make your kitchen look new and modern. Make sure to research what buyers are looking for – you’ll want your changes to be on-trend.
3. Improve closet and storage space: A little closet reno goes a long way. By adding extra shelving and rows for hangers to your closets and storage spaces you’ll add major value, without having to spend thousands of dollars.
4. Update bathroom and kitchen fixtures: Bathroom and kitchen renovations will always add more value to your home. In addition to resurfacing and painting cabinetry, updating the fixtures in both, like adding new faucets and shower heads, will make these spaces look more high-end.
5. Update your ceiling fans for lighting and airflow: Nothing is worse than a dark and stuffy room. If you want to make your living spaces feel light and airy, and add real resale value, opt for high powered ceiling fans and/or standing fans in living rooms, kitchens, and bedrooms. Modern ceiling fans, like our Star 7 and Star X, are sleek in design, while adding additional light and producing maximum air flow. Or, if you’re looking for a high durability ceiling fan without a light fixture our Star Propeller is an energy star product that comes in 10 different blade colors! New buyers will love these upgrades because ceiling fans cut down on air conditioning costs and can also reduce heating costs by circulating warm air away from the ceiling. In fact, a recent homebuyers survey found that 33% of homeowners were looking for environmentally friendly features to manage their heating and cooling costs!
And if you’re looking for a more flexible fan option, our Star Tripod is a beautiful addition to any room! It combines craftsmanship and high-airpower – blending with almost any décor!
6. Plant some flowers in your front and back yards: Curb appeal is everything! And an easy way to
upgrade your home’s curb appeal is to add some new landscape. Planting flowers and additional
bushes will make your home feel brand new. Plus, it’s always great to have the best looking
house on your street!
What are your cost-efficient tips for adding home value? Let us know in the comments below for the
chance to be featured!
In the market for a new ceiling or standing fan? Shop our selection of beautifully designed Star Fans.
Our indoor/outdoor fans are an excellent solution for saving money and energy in your home. Feel
free to contact us with any questions!